Sunday, December 9, 2007

An all-nighter

Well, another all-nighter. The kid is in Toronto and has to be up by 4:30 a.m to prepare to catch a plane. He's placed a wakeup call but who's more reliable - the hotel clerk or mom. Who knows? The kid thinks I am. I'm flattered. I'm staying up to 4:30 a.m. because I can still come through. The best thing about being a menopausal mom is that it's the easiest time to make things happen. Suddenly you remind everyone of their mother and they remember their mothers as powerful people who make you do what you don't want to do. Even young punks don't want to mess with you because who knows what an angry 50 something woman is capable of doing - just might still be able to take a round out of them or something. Who knows? But one day I'll lose that scarey confident 50 something persona and start looking vulnerable. It could be some day in the not so distant future so I happy my kid thinks I can work miracles or at least stay up to 4:30 a.m. to give him a wakeup call.

No comments: