Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Princess Phenomenon

Paula suggested I check out the group "Disney Gave Me Unrealistic Expectations About Love". It has 117,054 members so perhaps belief in Disney is the rival for belief in God. Disney Princesses are absolutely huge with the preschool crowd. The whole thing is so fascinating to me because when I was the age of the facebook crowd, the big excitement was the U.N. declaring an International Year for the advancement of Women. After 30 years of Women's lib, through facebook I've discovered why I slept way more than I advanced. Out of the mouths of babes:

OMG! I was like babysitting this 3 yr. old kid & she's like into this whole Disney things.. I will NEVER forget what she told me yesterday.
The Innocent Kid: " So, you are the Princess & you're going to meet a beautiful Prince"
Me: " Today? Tomorrow? or Later? "
The Innocent Kid : " Today "
Me: " Oh, really? Tonight? "
The Innocent Kid : " No, IN YOUR DREAMS because when you dream the world is yours "

No comments: