Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is important because without it you just don't know. So much is written these days about not having to be stuck with the family you got - go out there and create a Friends family or a Cheers family or a Grey's Anatomy family - a group of people who'll understand the post traumatic stress surrounding a visit from mom.
So Mother's Day is my Oscar night. Out of all the people in the world they could have chosen for mom, the kids are honouring the one they got. And I'm doing a Sally Field - "You like me, You really like me". Oh yeah, there were lots of days (ok, every day) well moments in every day that they really hated me and to be honest moments when I really hated them as well but what counts is now. As young adults, do they think I did a good enough job for them to be an asset to God and country and their loved ones and themselves. We made it. We got through all those difficult phases of growing up and their father and I feel so privileged to have been a part of it all.

No comments: