Monday, May 7, 2007

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

In September I've agreed to perform a lip sync of Bette Midler style Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B. At the time, I didn't realize that Bette sings it double time compared to the Andrew Sisters so here's hoping I can move my lips while dancing that fast and live.
Go to http://www.youtube.com and do a search for videos of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. There is so much choreography out there to choose from and some of the amateur stuff is really good. Bette doing it in the Mermaid costume blows me away but no way was the final flip imaginable in my wildest dreams even in youth when many but not enough pounds lighter. If you want to learn how to play it on the piano, youtube also has a series of instructional videos showing you how.

No comments: